Monday, June 4, 2012

Porter Avenue Bistro

May 22, 2012
Porter Avenue Bistro
Ocean Springs, MS

So, for Girls Night Out this week we picked the Porter Avenue Bistro! If you haven't been to this one yet you really need to seek it out - it's fantastic!

There was a small crowd, but we were seated immediately!  It took a while to get my drink order, but after that the waitress was prompt with our meal and re-fills. The atmosphere was very relaxing and comfortable.

I decided to have the Soft-Shelled Crabs appetizer, the note said "share two" ... but let me tell you when they arrived at the table these were absolutely HUGE! We each only ate a half of one and they were divinely delicious and cooked perfectly; I definitely want to have these again and again YUM!

I also ordered the Crunchy Gumbo (I've been trying to find some place that makes their gumbo the way we use to be able to get it at any restaurant on the Point in Biloxi) - the flavor was wonderful and it was as good as 'Point" gumbo.  And to make it even better the three jumbo shrimp on top were excellent.

I decided to have the Shrimp and Grits for my entree'.  The flavor was phenomenal but I was very disappointed with the 'grits' part of this item - they were more of a cornbread ball in the middle of the plate.  The unforgivable part was that the bottom of the grits/cornbread was burnt (ugh).

Vicky settled on the Ole Frenchie which is the roast beef Po-boy, pressed the way we like them!  This Po-boy was fabulous, it just tasted great!  Heidi had the burger fixed the Dixie way,, which had onion string on top. She just loved this burger.

This was one great meal for us on Girls Night Out and we are all going back with our significant others for another meal here!





No comments:

Post a Comment