Monday, May 28, 2012

Yuki's Japanese Restaurant

May 13, 2012
Yuki's Japanese Restaurant
Biloxi, MS

Yuki's is a long-time, well-established Japanese Restaurant on Pass Road in Biloxi.  This was always one of my favorites to take my children too.  It was busy, it was Mother's Day, but we were seated at the Hibachi Grill quickly and the waitress immediately took our drink order.  Let's just say that it took a lot longer after that to get the Sweet Tea refilled and to finally get to place our order.

Of course I had to have the Mother's Day Special: Steak, Chicken, Shrimp, Lobster, & Scallop Hibachi but my daughter went with the Sushi.

The Egg Drop Soup came up and it was pleasant enough and the portion was large enough that I shared half with my daughter.  The service by now had slowed to a crawl and we had to ask another waiter to find our waitress.

Our chef came out to prepare the Hibachi orders and my daughter finally received her sushi plate.  She absolutely loved every bit of it and found the items very flavorful.  Now, I am one of those people who generally doesn't like sushi (and yes I have tried it) .. but I had never tried the cruchy crab wraps so I figured let's give it a go!  Well, I did like it, very delicate and dulcet - so I found something that I liked on the sushi plate (YAY)!

I finally got to dig into my plate and was a just a bit disappointed ... the flavor was indeed there but the steak, chicken, shrimp,lobster and scallops had been over cooked they were tough. I had very high expectations because I have been to Yuki's many (many) times and had never been let down, but this time I was.

So over all it was a good meal, but not the excellent meal that I have grown to expect from Yuki's ... but you know that I will be back, maybe it was just an off day because of the large lunch crowd. Time will tell us the truth ^_^




No comments:

Post a Comment